Rainchains - RCR-2-BLK Aluminum Rain Chain Installation Kit with Black Powerdercoating
A version of our standard Installation Kit, produced in Aluminum then powdercoated black. This is the perfect accessory to make your rain chain installation easy and work perfectly! This reducer drops into the gutter hole (An additional sleeve is provided "just in case" for larger gutter openings). Your rain chain hangs from the bolt at the bottom. The water is directed downward onto the rain chain for maximum waterflow efficiency!
Powdercoating will last on exterior products; paint will not! Avoid cheap copies with painted parts!
Powder coating is a type of coating which includes metal that is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. The coating is typically applied electrostatically and is then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a "skin". It is usually used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint. Powder coating is mainly used for coating of metals.
Available in black (shown), bronze, unfinished aluminum and pure copper.
- Top Dimensions: 2 5/8" x 4 1/8"
- Outlet Length: 3"
- Outlet Diameter: 2 1/8" Tapers to 1 7/8"
- Weight: 0.25lbs
- Sleeve Dimensions: 3 1/4" x 4 3/4"
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS?
- Some gutters have a hole only, no flange, spout or outlet tube. Water tends to swirl out of a hole like that, missing the rain chain. Water also sticks to the underside of the gutter, dripping off up to several feet away.
- Some gutters have an opening that is larger than the rain chains link or cup. In this case, a lot of water will miss the chain at the top. The Installation Kit directs the water onto (or into) the chain, helping it to function with maximum efficiency.
- Easy to remove. Hanging the chain from the bolt at the bottom of the kit allows for easy removal and installation, and is a more secure method of attachment.
The Installation Kit looks great, too!Note: A small amount of silicone caulking (as with any outlet install) will seal the kit to the gutter and prevent leakage.