Diaphragm valve – the industry leader for over 25 years
The Rain Bird DV/DVF valve is the premium valve product chosen by more professionals than any other valve on the market. Its long history of reliable performance makes it the natural choice for your landscape. Its consistent, problem-free performance means you can spend less time thinking about your irrigation system and more time enjoying your landscape.
Use DV/DVF series valves in locations where the use of a separate pressure vacuum breaker (PVB) or a double-check valve is required by city codes to protect against back flow. Check your local city codes to determine what type of valves are required.
All of our residential valves work with any standard sprinkler timer.
- Double-filtered (diaphragm and solenoid) pilot-flow design for maximum reliability and grit resistance.
- Buna-N, balanced pressure diaphragm with self-cleaning 90 mesh (200 micron) pilot water filter and captive spring.
- Energy-efficient, low-power encapsulated solenoid with captured plunger and 90-mesh (200 micron) solenoid filter.
- External bleed to manually flush system of dirt and debris during installation and system start-up.
- Internal bleed for spray-free manual operation.
- Accepts Rain Bird TBOS latching solenoid for use with most battery-operated controllers.
- Operates in low-flow and Landscape Drip applications when a 200 mesh filter is installed upstream.
- Not recommended for use with two-wire control systems.
- Pressure: 15 to 150 psi
- 100-DV Flow: 0.2 to 40 GPM.
- For flows below 3 gpm or any Landscape Drip application, use a 200 mesh filter installed upstream.
- Temperature: Up to 110° F (43° C)
- Ambient air temperature: Up to 125° F (52° C)
- 24 VAC 50/60 Hz (cycles per second) solenoid power requirement:
- 0.30 A (7.2 VA) inrush current; 0.23 A (5.5 VA) holding current
- Solenoid coil resistance: 38 Ohms
- Height: 4 1/2"
- Width: 3 1/3"
- Length: 5 3/4"
- Rain Bird recommends flow rates that result in discharge velocities in the supply line not to exceed 7.5 ft/sec (2.3 m/s) in order to reduce the effects of water hammer.
- Rain Bird residential valves cannot be used with PRS pressure regulating modules.
- Not recommended for use with two-wire systems.