The PEB Series is our most durable plastic irrigation valve. This industrial-strength glass-filled nylon globe valve is ideal for commercial irrigation applications.
- 65% higher leak resistance compared to competition after extreme temperature swings
- Durable glass-filled nylon construction with fabric-reinforced rubber diaphragm for long life and reliable performance.
- Globe configuration.
- Normally closed, forward flow design.
- Slow closing to prevent water hammer and subsequent system damage.
- Low flow capability for a wide range of applications.
- One-piece solenoid design with captured plunger and spring for easy servicing. Prevents loss of parts during field service.
- Flow control handle adjusts water flows as needed.
- Manual internal bleed manually operates the valve without allowing water into the valve box; allows pressure regulator to be adjusted without turning the valve on at the controller first.
- Manual external bleed permits flushing debris from the system. Recommended for system start up and after repairs.
- Stainless steel studs molded into the body. Bonnet can be attached and removed more easily and more often without damaging threads.
- Nylon scrubber scrapes a stainless steel screen to clean and break down grit and plant material. Prevents debris build-up and clogging (PESB Series only).
- Five-year trade warranty.
- Pressure: 20 to 200 psi (1,4 to 13,8 bar)
- Flow without PRS-D option: 0.25 to 200 GPM
(0,06 to 45 m3/h; 0,02 to 12,60 l/s)
- Flow with PRS-D option: 5 to 200 GPM
(1,14 to 45 m3/h; 0,32 to 12,60 l/s)
- Temperature: Up to 150° F (66° C)
- 24 VAC 50/60 Hz (cycles per second) solenoid
- Inrush current: 0.41A (9.9VA)
- Holding current: 0.14A (3.43VA)
- Coil resistance: 30-39 Ohms
- Height: 6 1/2"
- Length: 4"
- Width: 4"
- Inlet Size: 1"
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the main difference between PEB/PESB and PGA Valves?
PEB/PESB Valves are Rain Bird’s top of the line plastic irrigation valves. The body and bonnets are constructed of glass-reinforced nylon material which allows them to be rated at 200 psi pressure. They are made to stand up against the worst environments that irrigation valves are subjected to. The PGA Valve is our lower cost “value” product line. The PGA body is made of PVC plastic and is rated to 150 psi pressure. For most clear water applications in moderate climates, the PGA is a good choice.
What is the function of the external bleed on the PEB/PESB Valves?
The external bleed is used when flushing the valves after installation or servicing of the irrigation system. When the user opens the external bleed screw, the inlet pressure is vented to atmosphere creating the highest pressure differential the valve can experience. That will cause the diaphragm to rise to the highest point it can and open the valve as full as possible. Any debris that is present will be flushed through the wide open valve.
Does the PEB/PESB Valve line have a “dirty water” model?
Yes. The Rain Bird PESB and PESB-R are both “dirty water” compatible. These models have a built-in, self-cleaning pilot filter called a “scrubber”. The scrubber acts to scrape away grit and debris from the pilot filter, allowing the valve to continue working even when there are gross amounts of solids in the supply water.
Is there a PEB/PESB Valve available in a Reclaimed Water version?
Yes. The Rain Bird PESB-R is specifically designed for use with reclaimed water. The wetted components inside the valve have been upgraded to chlorine resistant materials to allow for longer life in this tough application. In addition, the PESB-R is equipped with our self-cleaning pilot filter so it can handle “dirty water” applications.
Does Rain Bird’s PRS-D Pressure Regulator work with PEB/PESB Valves?
Yes. Like all of Rain Bird’s Commercial Valves, the PEB/PESB line accepts the PRS-D Pressure Regulator. Will PEB/PESB Valves work with a DC solenoid? Yes. All of our Commercial Valves, including the PEB/PESB, can work with the Rain Bird TBOS latching solenoid which uses a 9 VDC input.