Aquascape pond kits take the guesswork out of trying to assemble the perfect combination of equipment and liner to create a stunning water garden. The only thing that is missing in this kit is rock, plants and a little imagination
The Aquascape Ecosystem Approach:
Includes the use of both a biological and a mechanical filter.
- A Biofalls provides surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize and remove excess nutrients from the water.
- A Skimmer will pre-filter the water and house the pump, collecting surface debris and reducing pond maintenance.
Rocks and Gravel
Rocks and gravel not only protect pond liners, they also provide tremendous surface area for beneficial bacteria to break down excess nutrients in the water.
The proper size pump is important for the aesthetics of a water feature. More importantly, an efficient circulation system will keep the water moving and provide the necessary oxygen levels for healthy fish and plants.
Fish are an integral part of any ecosystem, grazing on string algae and bottom feed from the pond floor. They also make very enjoyable pets, providing hours of natural entertainment.
Mother Nature's true filters, plants are great for adding character to a pond by providing color and texture. Aquatic plants are critical for the overall health of the ecosystem, thriving from excess nutrients in a pond and depriving algae of its food source.
- Skimmer: New Signature Series 200 Pond Skimmer - Removes leaves and debris from the surface of the pond and provides protection for your pump
- Filter: BioFalls 1000 Filter with Rock Tray and BioBalls - provides complete biological filtration
- Pump: AquaSurge 2000 SKimmer Water Pump
- Hose: 25 feet of 1/2" quality kink-free hose
- Liner: Quality 45 mil EPDM Fish-Safe Pond Liner - 20-year guarantee!
- Underlayment: Geotextile - protects liner from sharp objects
- Components: All necessary fittings and silicone sealants
- DIY Welcome starter kit: Maintenance treatments, instructions, support materials, video demonstrations and USB manual
- Food: Staple Fish Food pellets
- Capacity: 250 Gallons
- Weight: 73 lbs