Munro guards your pump from freezing weather!
Is your pump ready for winter? Try Freeze Defeat, the NEW pump winterization fluid by Munro!
Rest easy knowing your pump is protected. Non-toxic, pump winterization fluid. Antifreeze protection to -25 degrees.
- Prevents damage due to freezing
- Helps protect your pump from corrosion
- Promotes longevity by keeping your pump rust free
- Case of (6) 2 Liter Bottles
Ready to winterize your pump?
- Turn off lawn controller and source water valve – break suction vacuum.
- If feasible, disconnect water source and discharge piping.
- On pump case, open both top and bottom drain valves or plugs to remove water from pump chambers.
- If blowing out irrigation system with pressurized air, use a narrow box wrench to prevent the shaft from spinning. When impeller spins too fast, motor governor can be damaged.
- Once water is drained from pump case, close drain valves.
- Fill pump case with Munro Freeze Defeat pump winterization fluid. Munro Freeze Defeat will keep cast iron pump cases from rusting and keep the impeller free for spring start-up.
- Drain the Munro Freeze Defeat.
- Close top and bottom drain plugs or valves. Fill case with water to prime.
- Reconnect water source and discharge piping.
- Turn on lawn controller and source water valve.
- If issues arise, refer to your owner’s manual or the Munro Troubleshooting Guide for Centrifugal Pumps and Controls